The Karl Langer collection consists of architectural drawings, financial records, correspondence, biographical and personal notes, articles, speeches, job photos, subject files, diaries, journal and newspaper cuttings. Buildings which drawings and files relate to include St. Peters Lutheran College, Brisbane; Ipswich Girls Grammar School; Ipswich Boys Grammar School; Lennons Hotel, Brisbane and Lennons Hotel, Broadbeach.
Dr Langer graduated in Vienna as an architect from the master class of Peter Behrens. He migrated to Australia in 1939, and settled in Brisbane. He became a lecturer at the University of Queensland, and later also at what is now called the Queensland University of Technology. He was fellow of the Royal Australian Institute of Architects and of the Australian Planning Institute. He was also the first president of the Institute of Landscape Architecture, and an executive member of the National Trust. He designed many of Queensland's best-known buildings, including the chapel at St. Peter's Lutheran College in Brisbane.
Reverse of plan are measurements of floor plans. Karl and Gertrude Langer acquired the St Lucia property in 1950 and in the same year built a two storeyed brick structure with flat roof designed by Karl Langer. Langer House was listed on the Queensland Heritage Register on 21 October 1992. Reference: "Langer House (entry 600317)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 22 March 2017.