The University of Queensland Dentistry Library began in 1936 with a collection of books housed in a room adjacent to the Dean's office, and under his supervision at Turbot Street, Brisbane. In 1944 the collection was moved into a small room on the top floor of the Dental Hospital and the first Librarian, Margaret Waugh, was employed.
Fifty years later a section of the students' common room on Level 1 of the Clinical Building was converted into a purpose-built facility for the Library. In 2014, the School of Dentistry moved from Turbot Street to the new Oral Health Centre at the Herston Campus. The Dentistry Library was incorporated into the Herston Health Sciences Library.