St Lucia Farm training school, [Brisbane, c1930s]

(1933). St Lucia Farm training school, [Brisbane, c1930s].

Attached Files (Some files may be inaccessible until you login with your UQ eSpace credentials)
Name Description MIMEType Size Downloads
Click to show the corresponding preview uqfl466_b2_AB_P_12.tif image/tiff 24.05MB 27
Title St Lucia Farm training school, [Brisbane, c1930s]
Open Access Status Other
Publication date 1933
Year available 2008
Series Fryer Library University of Queensland Photograph Collection, UQFL466
Type image/tiff
Original Format Photograph; b&w.
Source Fryer Library University of Queensland Photograph Collection, UQFL466, Box 2, AB/P/12
Rights Copyright expired
Formatted Abstract/Summary
Fryer Library University of Queensland Photograph Collection, UQFL466 consist of approximately 1100 photographs relating to the University of Queensland.
Photographs have been arranged in the following series:
• AA: University of Queensland site at George Street
• AB: St Lucia site before the establishment of the University of Queensland
• AC: Buildings and grounds of the University of Queensland
• AD: University of Queensland St Lucia campus buildings other than Great Court
• AE: University of Queensland Non St Lucia Campus Buildings
• AF: University of Queensland grounds
• AG: University of Queensland Library
• AH: University of Queensland ceremonies
• AI: Research, teaching, business, cultural and support facilities of the University of Queensland
• AJ: University of Queensland students
• AK: University of Queensland Alumni (including ceremonies)
• AL: Staff, benefactors and official associates of the University of Queensland
• AM: University of Queensland sports
• AP: University of Queensland honour boards, plaques, etc.
Keyword University of Queensland -- History
St. Lucia (Qld.) -- History
Farm buildings
St. Lucia Farm School
Carmody Creek
Geographic co-ordinates

153.023057,-27.488689 152.990445,-27.488689 152.990445,-27.507810 153.023057,-27.507810 153.023057,-27.488689

Additional Notes Showing pond with hyacinth. Farm houses were used as dormitories for the boys. Road runs across bank damming Carmody Creek. The St Lucia site was used between 1933 and 1937 for the St Lucia farm training school, providing unemployment relief and agricultural training for youth.

Document type: Image
Collection: Fryer Library
 
Versions
Version Filter Type
Citation counts: Google Scholar Search Google Scholar
Created: Tue, 15 Jul 2008, 16:41:16 EST by Rose Wade on behalf of Fryer Library