[South Brisbane Municipal Chambers, 263 Vulture Street, South Brisbane, 1892-1904]

Mobsby, Henry William, 1859-1933 (1892). [South Brisbane Municipal Chambers, 263 Vulture Street, South Brisbane, 1892-1904].

Attached Files (Some files may be inaccessible until you login with your UQ eSpace credentials)
Name Description MIMEType Size Downloads
Click to show the corresponding preview uqfl181_b02_f01_p0066.tif image/tiff 50.54MB 63
Creator Mobsby, Henry William, 1859-1933
Title [South Brisbane Municipal Chambers, 263 Vulture Street, South Brisbane, 1892-1904]
Open Access Status Other
Publication date 1892
Year available 2008
Series Henry William Mobsby Collection, UQFL181
Type image/tiff
Original Format Photograph; sepia; 21 x 16 cm.
Source Henry William Mobsby Collection, UQFL181, Box 2, Folder 1, photo 66
Rights Copyright expired
Abstract/Summary Henry William Mobsby was born on 17 August 1859 at Hove, Sussex, England, and came to Queensland in 1883. He had diplomas and certificates from the London Chamber of Commerce, the City and Guilds Institute, the Cripplegate Institute and the South Kensington School of Arts. Mobsby was an instructor in Decoration and Photography at the Brisbane Technical College before being appointed artist and photographer with the Department of Agriculture and Stock in 1897. In 1899, he was also appointed to the Chief Secretary's Department and the Intelligence and Tourist Bureau. Mobsby's photography gained international distinction and he officially represented Queensland at the Franco-British Exhibition in London in 1908, the Panama Pacific International Exposition in San Francisco in 1915 (where he took a motion picture certificate course), the British Empire Exhibition at Wembley in 1924-25, and the New Zealand and South Seas Exhibition in Dunedin in 1925-26.
Keyword Mobsby, Henry William, 1859-1933 -- Archives
Queensland -- Pictorial works
Municipal buildings -- Queensland -- Brisbane
Photographers -- Australia
South Brisbane Town Hall (Brisbane, Qld.)
South Brisbane Municipal Chambers
Additional Notes The South Brisbane Municipal Chambers was officially opened on 1 July 1892. Note the tower does not have a clock, it was not until 1904 that the clock was installed in the tower. Reference: Sommerville House Archives. (n.d.). South Brisbane Municipal Chambers. Retrieved from http://www.somerville.qld.edu.au/facilities/townhall

Document type: Image
Collection: Fryer Library
 
Versions
Version Filter Type
Citation counts: Google Scholar Search Google Scholar
Created: Thu, 06 Mar 2008, 13:10:06 EST by Rose Wade on behalf of Fryer Library